Wednesday, June 29, 2011

End of Tread Just a Day Away

This last week, after the race, I hardly ran at all. Not because of injury or anything negative but because my husband and I hit the weights hard! We've found that we really like to work out together. It's the first shared interest we've had since college. I spent the first part of this week just recovering. I was spent, front and back of me. It was kind of nice.

I said all that to say that it is a new day for me. Two months ago I was down and now not only am I up and running, I'm stronger and healthier. It's a more complete kind of health than just dieting or just trying to do a litle extra exercise to make up for the sweets I had earlier in the day.

The last day of the Tread is tomorrow! To wrap this baby up, I'll go for a nice long run in the morning - thankful with each step for this opportunity to raise awareness and funds and for such a speedy recovery. Thank you, God!

Thank you to those of you who have supported this journey - in prayer or through a donation. Together we raised $365 to go toward care for survivors and those vulnerable to exploitation.

To make a one-time gift, visit my donation page at http://Love146.kintera.org/tread/jenmellick

No comments:

Post a Comment