Thursday, June 2, 2011

Challenge Accepted...Challenge Extended

Chad and I have registered for the Hope Challenge 5K on June 18th.  I am pretty excited about it!
The last week has been encouraging. I have a certain level of paranoia that I've been calling "caution" that I'm letting go of a bit. Yes, I'm still being attentive, but overall, I've been good to go. I just don't want to push day after day. I will give myself an opportunity to recover. The 2 miles on Monday was a test. The 3 miles yesterday was an accident. Either way, I feel good.

Much more importantly, I would like to raise the campaign to you once again. I feel like I'm back in it and want to challenge each of you to join me in this. The ultimate goal is not that I recover. The goal is that we do what we can to help out women/children who are enslaved by sex trafficking. Please get involved.

Do what you can.

To learn more about trafficking or Love146, visit their website at http://www.love146.org/.

To make a one-time gift, visit my donation page at http://Love146.kintera.org/tread/jenmellick.

To make a pledge, visit the Pledges & One-Time Gifts page here on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment